Tuesday, August 14, 2007

So... What Have We Learned: Birthday Edition

It's my birthday today! I noticed that I have never posted on my fete de nesance before. So let's look back on the year past and see what we've learned. You know what they say, if you're not learning, you're not growing.

We learned throughout the year that summer blockbusters still disappoint(Transformers, Bourne Ultimatum).

That just cause you're cool and black, that doesn't mean you're gonna have an easy ride to become president. (Sorry Barack Hussein)

We learned that news gathering is still a spectator sport that should be broadcast with the rolling disclaimer: Objects on screen may appear more objective than they really are.

You still can't trust athletes. They'll either get arrested every other weekend, dope up til their balls shrink to oblivion, or start an illegal dog fighting ring.

We learned that the good still die (Bill Walsh, Merv Griffin) and the bad are still alive (Barry Bonds, O.J.)

And most importantly we learned that American Idol is still the hottest show around. Go Jordin!

I wonder what important life lessons we'll get next year. So til I turn 28, take care!

No comments: