Thursday, June 23, 2005

Celebrity Workaholics

I was reading this month's Elle article on Lindsay Lohan and realized something: I'm a lazy fuck. (article) In it she talks about how much she works. She says that a couple of days ago she pulled a 21-hour work day. 21 hours?! I got to thinking, if I was given a chance to be a famous star, could I handle it? Would I be able to be pulled across town and across the country from one obligation to another with little or no rest?

I would have to say absolutely not. I feel like I'm gonna have a heart-attack when I get scheduled for a double at the restaurant. And that's only a ten hour day!

I'm starting to think that one reason why famous people are famous isn't because of a lucky star or a generous inheritance from a dead relative. It just might be that they are willing to work much harder than the average scmuck is. If an 18 year-old girl can do it, why can't I.

The moral of the story? I have to get off my ass if I ever want to get anything. I'm gonna try something this week: whenever the thought "I don't feel like it" comes up, I will immediately do the thing that I didn't feel like doing. Maybe after time I'll rid myself of this crappy work ethic. I try to party like a rockstar, now it's time to work like one.

No comments: