Thursday, June 23, 2005

Quick Movie Review: Batman Begins A-

I usually get disappointed when I go see super hyped flicks, but this one lives up to it.
It really gives you reference for all the other movies in the series. The story is told so well that it almost seems plausible that a guy would dress up in a mask and cape to fight crime.



Everything worked in the movie. The only part I didn't care for was Katie Holmes. She plays a good-hearted-but-tough district attorney. And she really sucks at it. Not that her acting was terribly bad, but she has no screen presence. There's nothing about her that grabbed me and pulled me more into the movie. The two fit bitches in the lambo pulled me in much more. Highly recommend. A-


MetaCritic - 70
Ebert & Roeper Review
Apple trailer

No comments: