Tuesday, July 13, 2004

More Summer Shows

There are some really good shows out right now. I want to talk about them for a bit.

The Assistant (MTV)

I have loved Andy Dick for a long time. I believe that he is one of the most gifted comedic talents in the industry. So when I hear that he has a new show out I know it is going to be funny. I just caught the first episode and I was not disappointed-- it's fucking hilarious. His comedic style is unique and very interesting. He's comfortable making fun of himself, and that shows that he is very confident and comfortable in his skin. He is also very bright, but shows it with subtlety. I am really looking forward to next week's episode.

I Love The 90's (VH1)

VH1 has done it again. After the hit show I Love The 80's, they followed with I Love the 70's. So naturally they had to come back with a special featuring the 90's. Being 23 years old, I was able to identify with most of the subjects in the 80's show; few in the 70's special; but I'll be familiar with just about every thing they talk about in this special. Not only do I like reminiscing on the 90's trends, but I absolutely love the comedic commentary. VH1 has figured out that the simple fact that comedians are very funny. I f you show them clips they'll be able to joke about them. Here's an example: The segment was about mayor Marion Barry getting caught doing crack. And one of the panelists said that Marion Barry wanted to put the Columbia back into District of Columbia. Hilarious shit man.

And I will talk about MTV's new show Wanna Come In on a separate blog so that I may go into more detail about it.

No comments: