Monday, June 25, 2007

Put Me On The Track

The m.o. for pop music lately is to put rappers in songs that you normally wouldn't find them. R&B's been doing this for the longest. Anyways, it's time for me to give the props to the best lyrical additions as of late:

Jay-Z on the Rihanna track, "Umbrella." The song is already hot, but Jay lays it out there real natural. He knows how to not overdo it, but add just enough to make the track hotter. The hook's catchy too. I've been walkin around all day sayin, "Umba rella ella ella Ayyy!"



Common on Joss Stone's "Tell Me What We're Gonna Do." This song's smooth and his verse is thoughtful. Listen to what he says. He hasn't lost it a bit. Some don't like her singing style, but he'll keep you listening.



Lil' Mama on Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" Remix. I love this girl. Lip Gloss was hot. Then I heard some underground rap battle conests that she did. She ate some guys up. So I knew she had it in her. She lights this song up. Izz Poppin!




Did I miss any? Holler.

No comments: