Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Entering The Fourth Quarter



The new year will be upon us soon. When you look back on your year what will you say? Will you be happy with your actions? Disappointed at your failures? Or will you be disappointed at your failure to act?

You will be one year older and hopefully one year wiser. Another year of fighting the good fight to make your dreams come true. What have you learned so far? What do you have left to learn? A wise man once said, "Life is willing to teach if your willing to listen." You've been given chances to learn new lessons every day of your existence. Did you catch them?

Words from an old soul:

"I used to look at my advancing age as an impending doom. As each day passed, the light of my life became dimmer. I would lie in my bed at night and welcome a terrible thought: what if this was my last day?"

"I had to wake from that nightmare. Life wasn't ending, it was waiting to begin. Each day offered another chance to live. I accepted the offer. God gave me all the tools I needed. I couldn't ignore them any longer. I stopped feeling sorry for myself and made this life the best one I knew how."

What tools have you been given? Will you show the world what you're made of? Or will you be another forgetful tombstone. How far down does your strength go? Is there anything valuable growing way down deep on the inside of your being?

Are you still looking for handouts? Are you waiting for someone to give you a chance or are you making paths where none were?

All we're going to remember of you is what you've created. And each year you have a chance to add more to your legacy. What did you do this year that you're proud of? What did you create? You still have time. You think you got what it takes? Fine. Prove it. No, not to me... to your self.

No comments: