Saturday, January 17, 2009

Best of Last Year Series

I saw some great movies and read some good books last year. I'll spread them out over the next few posts until I get to number one.

Fifth place.


War and Decision, Douglas Feith.

Caution: you'll look at the war differently after reading this book. So if you don't want your beliefs challenged, stay away!

I've heard much of the left-wing's take on Iraq, but this was the first time I heard from someone inside the Pentagon. Doug Feith worked with the White House to make policy on Iraq. War and Decision shook up most of what I believed about the war.


It's harder to blame Bush for everything after realizing how complex the problems were. Feith shows patiently, and clearly how the democrats are wrong for saying that the neo-cons were hell-bent on war, and lied to the country to get their evil plan in place.

(Link to Booktv conversation)

No comments: