Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Palm Beach, How Could You Be So Heartless

I got pulled over the other day and was informed that my license was suspended because of a ticket I didn't pay. I couldn't remember the last time I had gotten a ticket. Come to find out it was from 2003! Yes, it was lurking in the system for six years. And I thought my ex couldn't forget stuff!

The clerk rep told me that they hired someone to root through the system to find any unpaid fines that people forgot about. I think the county is running out of money and some consultant came by to show them how to get more funds. It's technically money that they're owed, but it still felt like I was being scammed. If this happens to anyone else please let me know. If it happens to enough of us, we can march to city hall and throw bricks through the window. We haven't had a good American riot in a long time.

No comments: