Friday, March 18, 2005

Day 4 - Cool, Day 5 - A Breeze

My friends thought that St. Patrick's Day would do me in, but I stood strong. I even went out with everyone and drove the inebriated ones home (including John Hutter, no judgments). I gotta say I wasn't tempted at all to drink. I think it's something that most of the people I hang out with don't understand about me yet. If I turn myself off to something, the switch is off. There is nothing that can convince me to drink this week. And if I made it through St. Patty's, I can make through any the rest of the week.

But why not drink? This is a test, this is only a test. I can walk into L.A. Fitness and demonstrate my physical strength, but I need to do things like this to demonstrate my inner strength. Not only to the world but to myself. There will be much more stressful situations in the future, and I need to build my strength now. Even if it's something as stupid as deciding to putting down the beer bottle. Miller Lite of course. God, it tastes so good on your tongue when you drink it. Be good Pierre.

Don't worry about me guys, I'll be fine. 2 days left.

No comments: