Tuesday, March 07, 2006

What I've Learned: Just DON'T Be Yourself

A wise man once told me that life is willing to teach if I'm willing to listen. Whenever I stumble upon a kernel of truth I blog it in a segment I like to call: What I've Learned.

This was going to be a long post. But I feel like shortening it by just getting to the point. Don't be yourself. Don't be true to yourself. Don't be "happy" with who you are. Or any other version of the just love yourself dogma. Why? Because you are more annoying than you think. You aren't as funny as you think. You aren't as good-looking as you think. You need to improve yourself. And the biggest thing stopping you from doing that is thinking that you are fine the way you are.

My mantra has changed to "Just Be Your Best Self." I'll explain it more later.

No comments: