Monday, November 29, 2004

What I've Learned: Karma

A wise man once told me that life is willing to teach if I'm willing to listen. Whenever I stumble upon a kernel of truth I blog it in a segment I like to call: What I've Learned.

Back in high-school there were the popular kids, and the not so popular ones. And then there were the shadow dwellers that no one spoke to or even noticed. Michael was one of those outcasts. But instead of shunning him like the rest, I formed a relationship with him. It wasn't that big of a deal to me, and I didn't think much of it.

Last night a couple buddies and I went out to a club to hang out. I wasn't sure of my dress code and I didn't bring that much money. So I wasn't really feeling the outing. As karma would have it, when I got to the front of the line I recognized Michael in none other than a police uniform standing by the cashier. She waves me in telling me that I don't have to pay. People around me were thinking who the hell is this guy. My buddies paid and we went in and had a great night.

So remember kids, next time you're kicking some geek's ass around the school, just remember the next time you run into him he might have a badge, a billy club, and a chip on his shoulder.


No comments: