Thursday, March 08, 2007

Quick Book Review: The Power Of Now

I finished The Power Of Now. It was recommended by someone I trust, I had to give it a chance.

It's pretty much about living in the moment. As opposed to constantly thinking about the past or hoping for the future. I'm an obsessive thinker and analyzer. Or should I say I was.

Ever since I finished the book, I've been able to turn off the constant stream of thought. I feel like I can just chill and think about nothing. So I can just enjoy whatever I'm doing. When I'm talking to people I noticed I used to always be thinking about the next "brilliant" thing I was going to say instead of shutting up the thoughts and just listen. It feels good to be able to control it.

I must say, the book does get weird at some parts. You have to pass over the new-agey, aireyfairy kind of talk and focus on the good stuff. The best thing is that the effect is right away. You will think about things differently as soon as you put the book down. All in all, it's a very interesting read. B+

No comments: