Monday, August 13, 2007

How Did I Miss This One?

I try to keep my finger on the pulse of the movie biz. Even if I don't see every movie I at least know about the good ones.

But Little Children came out, got great praise, then went away and I never heard about it.



Luckily a friend recommended it and I trusted them. Come to find out it was directed by Todd Field. He's the guy that did In The Bedroom which was great.



It's hard to talk about it without giving anything away. But if you need to know a little bit, it's about a suburban town that seems pretty normal. But you go into the people's lives and come out learning something about yourself.



Lately I've been liking movies that really get under the skin. It's like this movie opens you up like a surgeon and just starts looking at all your parts. You feel so naked watching it. It doesn't jerk you around or abuse at all; it just looks.

Very well done. A

No comments: