Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Kelly Clarkson vs. Clive Davis: Who you Got?

Kelly Clarkson's album's pretty crappy. I heard it and apparently not many other have. No good singles have come out of it yet. Her tour got cancelled and she got mad. Did she blame herself for the bad music? Of course not. Even though she went against what the label recommended and co-wrote every song on the album, "My December." She blamed the top dog, Clive Davis--the man responsible for her post-Idol success.

Clarkson told Davis, "I don't know you very well, and I am not a bull-shitter. I get [that] you don't like the album. You're 80; you're not supposed to like my album."

She told Blender magazine, "I literally got told to my face that it wouldn't sell more than 600,000 copies. And I got lied to. One reason I don't like working with people at the label is that they lie . . . If you're going with the flow and not fighting, that's settling. I can't take that. Life is just too short to be a pushover."



So if he so old and out of touch, how did he manage to predict that your first album would sell off the charts? Ungrateful, disrespectful, little brat.

Don't doubt old white guys' skills. Old white men are responsible for just about everything we enjoy. 99% of your entertainment has been brought to you by guys you'd never hang out with. They either did it themselves or signed off on it.

Even when you're a kid, old white guys are creating the fun in your life. All those "cool" toys are designed by people who would never play with them. Poeple who can barely remember what it's like to be a kid. And yet they manage to keep you entertained. Because they're SMART.

The Spice Girls; Backstreet Boys; *Nsync; Britney Spears; Christina Aguilera; Hillary Duff; Hannah Montana; High-School Musical; all created and developed by crusty old balding dudes that would never listen to the music they create.

You don't have to personally like something to know if it's marketable. Clive Davis is saying your crap won't sell. And he's right!

And of course, she later apologized, saying she's sorry for the comments, and that Clive is great. Adding that the media blew it out of proportion. Suuuure. It's the media's fault. Riiiight.

Suffice to say she's an idiot. I still like her butt though. She's a semi-cute, curvy, IDIOT!

No comments: