Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Quick Movie Review: Fearless A-

I just finished watching Fearless. Thanks to my laptop, I can write this review right away.

Jet Li's getting old. I don't know if the gray hair was part of the make-up or real. He can still kick ass though. Not that I would really know though.

I'm one of those people that thinks all martial arts fight scenes pretty much look the same. Crouching Tiger seemed fresh and exciting but then I found out that half the tricks were done with the help of special effects. So I don't know what's real or not, or what takes skill or just good camera tricks. But from what I saw, it looked fine.

The movie doesn't get to complicated. But it packed a punch with meaning. It's full of lessons on timeless virtues like friendship, respect, honor, and tradition--among a bunch of others.

Its one of those movies that make you want to be a better person after you watch it. But the feeling lasts a couple of hours and then some idiot cuts you off on the freeway and you go right back to your society-hating self. I must resist the temptation. A-

Reviews
Trailer

No comments: