Monday, October 23, 2006

TV Land

Ever since 24 came out and introduced what I call the continous season. Every other show is copying them like the spineless sheep that they are.

Were you one of the people like me that tried to start watching 24 halfway through the season? Yea I know, you can't enjoy it. You sit there the whole time wondering what the hell is going on! It's like walking into the middle of a movie.

What ever happened to the "episode." Remember those? Did anyone care when they missed half of a season of Quantum Leap?! Of course not. Everything you needed to know was in the intro. And what about Macgyver and the A-Team and Knight Rider. Solid tv that didn't require a dissertation about nuances of each characters journey.

I'm watching the NBC show 'Heroes' right now and I don't have a clue what's going on. And from what I see so far, I'm not missing much. Basically, some people have superpowers and are trying to save the world. Okay, it's not original, but it's workable. And it don't look like they're working it right.

The overacting!? Can someone turn the dial down just a little please. Holy shit, the cop guy's girlfriend should be fired before she destroys another scene.

And another thing, I'm starting to HATE the mysterious guys in the suits. Does EVERY goddamn show on tv have to someone's 'agents' working on some conspiracy to undermine the efforts of the stars.

But I won't be too harsh. (lol maybe too late) I'll give it a chance. Maybe I'll sign up for an online tutorial about why Japanese guy's so weird, and why the invincible girl is wasting her powers on a school bully. Yawn.

That's why I watch Boston Legal. Because it knows that it is a ridiculous show. But it doesn't care. It knows that tv nowadays is a complete waste of Americas time. And if I'm going to waste my time, i'm going to do it with William Shatner. God I love that guy.

Heroes official site
Boston Legal official site

No comments: