Thursday, October 05, 2006

Serving Food: Terrible Job, Even Worse Game

I hate serving. Seriously, the work sucks. People giving you crap; managers giving you crap; other servers giving you crap. Basically, a lot of crap. There are many jobs that deal with crap from a lot of people, but I hope they get compensated for their effort--cause I sure as hell don't. So when I find out there is a video game that people can wait on tables for fun, I stop dead in my tracks to see what they're smoking.

Diner Dash 2 is the sequel to the wildly popular game where players get to join Flo and beat out the competition while bringing the best service to their customers. Aghhh! I want to gag right now. I played the game for about 30 seconds and got nauseus.

I guess there are other professions that feel the same way--soldiers playing war games; cops playing Garnd Theft Auto; football players playing Madden. Well... not so much Madden. Those guys love seeing themselves on screen. Maybe that's the key.

Players of Diner Dash should be able to play with their favorite servers. They can pick Pierre, hailing from P.F. Chang's in Palm Beach Gardens. He has great drink delivery, and a smooth tray carry. I'd play that game.

And coming this Christmas: join Jermaine and Carlos as they embark on their adventures of roto rooting! Oh yea kids! You'll fight through puddles of crap and backed up toilets. Be the best shit shoveler in your neighborhood!

No comments: