Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Fountainhead and My Next Jump

I realized that I was in a coma in 2000. And I've been trying to wake up ever since. I've had some breakthroughs that have opened my eyes. But I've been feeling disoriented for a year. I don't think my eyes were used to seeing yet.

I read Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead. Now I'm even more messed up. The good kind of messed up.

You haven't read it? You should.

It's like one of those money machines they used to have in the mall. They were the ones with the dollars flying around in a clear telephone booth sized box. If you go in with just your bare hands you'll pick up a few bucks. But if you went in there with a sticky suit on you'll walk away pretty rich. The book has a treasure of good stuff in it, but if you don't have the tools to pick it up, it'll be a waste of your time.

I've definitely taken a step forward though. I'm auditing my selflessness doctrine. It may not last long under the bright light of my ego.

No comments: