Thursday, September 27, 2007

TV Land

Am I too tough of a critic? I can't stand 90% of television. I've checked some new shows and will blog more about them soon. I've seen into Kid Nation, Kitchen Nightmares, The Bachelor, Chuck, K-Ville, and Journeyman.

Of course I would've never been able to watch these shows without the new online "full-episode" trend. I don't have dvr anymore so it's the only way to catch any tv.

But back to the aesthetics, tv's pretty terrible nowadays. I hate shows that try to be cool. HATE them. K-ville and Journeyman are real offenders. All slick camera angles and quick-cut editing make me sick. Maybe it's because I learned the behind the scenes ways of making shows like that. It's unnecessary and adds nothing to the show. But it seems like it's the way it's going to be.

So I'm going to try to be more accepting of that style. I'm going to watch a few episodes of the worst of the worst. A show is the cream of the crop of the wanna-be-cool shows. The Peter's Most Wanted Criminal Corn TV suspect; Heroes. Ugggh...I'm cringing as I write, but I will watch at least three episodes from last season. Okay two... I don't want to go crazy and kill someone or anything.

Why am I doing it? Cause I like tv. I love watching new shows. I think the action and drama genres have a lot to offer. And honestly, I don't want to hate them all. And my hatred's getting worse. I used to dig the fingernails of my right hand into my left when I saw corny tv directing. I did it just so I wouldn't scream at the tv. I did it so much that I thought I was going to draw blood.

Now I just yell. And THANK GOD I'm by myself at my house most of the time. If my brother came home when I was watching Heroes, he would've probably called the cops, then an exorcist.
So wish me luck.

One last thing: I used to lose my voice, and people would ask me if I was at a football game. I just said I watching tv. "Oh, so you watched the game on tv and cheered." "No, I was watching CSI."

No comments: