Friday, December 31, 2004

Movie Marathon

I spent a day at the movies and saw The Aviator, Closer, and Meet the Fockers. A little bit about each:


The Aviator: Martin Scorsese did it again. I mean he really pulled out all the stops. Scorsese has had such a remarkable career, and I can appreciate this movie just on the level that this just might be one of his crowning achievements. I gotta warn you though, I already know what you won't like about it. The middle of the movie kind of takes left turn, but if you can make it through that than you'll be fine. B-
Ebert and Roeper - Listen
Trailer



Closer: By far the best screenplay of the year. It is now battling Sideways as the best movie of the year for me. What got me was it's rawness. The movie looks at relationships so truthfully. It examines the emotions that go with breaking up in a way that I haven't seen in a long time. And plus Natalie Portman is smoking hot in it. A+
Ebert and Roeper - Listen
Trailer



Meet the fockers: Funny. That's about it. It's pretty funny and you'll probably like it. The plot is awful, but the laughs keep the movie going. One thing though, somebody tripping over a piece of furniture isn't that funny. It was great the first hundred times I seen it, but the novelty wears off after seeing a guy trip over his couch for the ten-thousandth time. C+
Ebert and Roeper - Listen
Trailer

No comments: